Saturday, August 16, 2008

Lesson 8 - Simon's back!

Last week's lesson on Lilly really made me appreciate how great Simon is! It was so good to see him - I opened his stall door and he nickered at me and came right over for me to get him. He is so easy to tack up - stands so still while I do everything, and loves the treats! The bitemark on his back was healing nicely and wasn't really swollen anymore.

He warmed up great with no problems - a little spooky at the help that was watering the plants, but otherwise fine. We trotted over a few fences and then cantered a whole course! I had to do the last 3 fences over a few times to get good spots - we weren't quite as in sync as we had been last time I rode him. But that could be because I woke up at 4am thinking about Aurora and couldn't get back to sleep... But we finally got it. I have to let Simon do his job - he knows it - if I just leave him alone, he'll get me to the right spot every time. I just have to relax and let him do it for me. :) And that is such a treat!

No comments: