Tuesday, July 29, 2008

We're Building a Barn!

I don't know if I can explain how exciting it is to finally begin the process of building a barn! We have been waiting over 7 years to do it, and it is finally happening! They did the dirtwork today, and while they were here, we had them level the arena and add some Nice fill sand. OMG, it is awesome!

I couldn't just look at it and not try it out the first day! So I had 30 minutes to ride, and I hopped on Sweetie, my first horse, for a test ride! She was excited, mostly because we were riding away from the herd (they were all waiting for dinner on the other side of the house - that will change when the barn is up!!!) The footing is Awesome! And 21yo Sweetie was prancing around like a big dressage horse, full of energy, arching her neck on the bit, huge trot. I didn't dare let her break into a canter because she could quickly get out of hand (and the fall after her buck in January is still burned into my mind). But the trot was awesome. We rode for about 20 minutes, and it was elating to ride in MY ring next to where MY barn is going to be built soon! OH, I can hardly wait!

Now after being exhausted all day from getting about 4 hours of sleep last night, I'm pumped and wide awake from such an awesome ride!

No comments: