Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Lesson 6 - The Best Yet!

Today's lesson was absolutely awesome! I don't know what clicked between me and Simon today, but we were in sync and had a perfect ride over fences - not a bad spot to be found, all the leads were correct, he didn't get overly excited while jumping - it was hard to beat. Now I have set my standard... heheh.. punny... "standard" as in jumping standard... lol.. I crack myself up. Anyways, I set my standard high! I'm getting a reputation out there, and compliments galore from my instructor and another instructor on how well I ride Simon and how much he likes me. He actually nickered today when he saw me coming to get him. :) That was nice. And although he seemed girthy at the beginning, just for a second, he warmed up right out of it and was fine.

So, I am setting myself a goal to ride Simon in a schooling show there at the barn on Sept. 6 (Simon's owner permitting). I'll have to pull out my boots - I haven't worn them in 13 years! Yikes. :) They're still in my tack box in their boot bags just waiting for me. I might wait another week to attempt that one. LOL. I know I can get my riding jackets on - uh, just barely, but I can button them up now! And that's an improvement!

I can't tell you how elated I am to be riding again! I feel so great physically, mentally, and spiritually!

No comments: