Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Lesson 13 - What happened to the fences?

Oh, man, I really missed my lesson last week! I wasn't available last Weds. since I was spending time with Harlan before he flew out, and Kim was going to be gone on Thurs, so we planned for Saturday, but I was in the hospital with Christopher... So it was great to ride again today!

2 weeks ago the course was still set from the horse show and we had a really nice time riding the course again (or parts of it anyways). Today, someone had made a mish mosh of the fences - they were at weird angles, and it was hard to put them in a nice hunter course, so we played "jumper" instead and made several tight turns to get where we were going. Simon did great - and somehow always managed to get the correct lead over fences. :) That was nice. The last line of fences was my favorite - it was the perfect cadence, no rushing, and the fences just came to us as part of a stride and it was awesome! I love it when things fall together like that.

I'm about ready to start taking lessons on Rocky here soon. I really want to get him going (finally! after 12 years!) and show him next year. I talked with Kim about different arrangements to make that happen - we'll see what we decide and can afford. :) It sure would be wonderful to finally get to show him - that will is my next goal - to get Rocky to a show next year and at least do a small course of fences in the green division. Wow. That would be SO awesome! Can't wait!

No comments: