Saturday, September 6, 2008

Lesson 11 - pre-show prep

Thursday was Lesson 11 - the show was today (more on that later!) Simon was good, takes a bit to wake up as always. Oh, and we have a new system for mounting up. I leave the girth as loose as possible to mount up, then we walk for a while, and then I tighten the girth about 2-3 holes for the rest of the ride so the saddle doesn't slip. Worked perfectly.

The courses for the show were set up, so I got to jump both courses one time. Simon was great - we got close to a few fences. I have to remember that I really need a good night's sleep before a lesson - getting up at 4am makes me ride a little less thoughtfully I think. :) But Simon was very well behaved and got me over all the fences no problem. It was fun to practice a whole course set up at 2'6"!

After the lesson, Kim helped me clip his ears, muzzle & fetlocks to have him show-ready. He is such a great horse and has given me so much confidence as I'm getting back into the saddle.

No comments: