Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I got to ride with my hubby! :)

Tonight, for the first time in at least 2 years, Harlan and I got to ride together! He rode Charlie and I rode Rocky, and we both had a great ride in the ring! Harlan rode Charlie on Sunday for the first time in a year - and she was so wonderful, Harlan said all he could think about for the next few days was riding his horse! :) WOW! I feel that way all the time, but it was some of the most beautiful words I have ever heard to hear Harlan say them! :)

I walked, trotted, practiced cirles, backing, and then cantered for the first time in a year on Rocky! He did his normal buck of annoyance here and there, but we made it about half way around the ring. Yay! But I confess, although I've been thinking about getting back into the canter, I'm not sure if I would have done it if Harlan hadn't been there suggesting it - asking how Rocky does at the canter since he is so good at the trot.

Ahhhh. It feels so good to ride! Now I need to get back on Crystal to get her adopted! :)

No comments: