Sunday, May 16, 2010

God's Plan Revealed

I wrote about 2 months ago that God stepped in when I went to pick up a horse from a seizure that I hoped would make a good pony for my daughter. I didn't know then what his plan was - as the pony turned out to be quite unruly, and instead I ended up taking home Crystal, who would be perfect for my daughter if only she were about half as tall. :)

Today, a mom & daughter came to visit Crystal - they are already a foster home for the rescue, and actually were there the day I picked Crystal up to trailer the unruly ponies to a different rescue. They have been waiting for a long time for the right horse to come through the rescue to adopt, and hoped that Crystal would fit with their family. Crystal was everything they hoped for - the right size, the right temperament, and as I had guessed, already had the right training for what they wanted to do. As her daughter trotted Crystal around the ring and Crystal was so good for her, I found tears in my eyes. Not because I would miss Crystal, although I certainly will. But because the match was so perfect - for both Crystal and her new family. This is my reward, and why I am a foster mom for a rescue. And Praise God for stepping in and guiding my hand, and making this match possible.

No comments: