Saturday, April 3, 2010

Crystal after 1 month

photo
photo
photo
These photos were taken on April 3, one month after her arrival. Much better! She finally broke 1000 lbs and is shedding out her old winter coat. You can see on her shoulder the beautiful gray she is becoming, and the rest of the hair sheds out more every day. I can't wait to see her in a couple of weeks all shed out! :)

Her shedding is making her very itchy and she loves to be groomed as often as I am willing - in fact, she will pause when I am turning her out and waits for me to groom her (last night I spent 20 minutes or more) without a halter or anything on. And she is persistent - I have to lead her out after that or she will stand there, patiently, just waiting for me to come back and groom her some more. :)

This Saturday I also was able to ride Sweetie, gave Christopher a lesson on Arthur and rode Rocky, too! Harlan worked with Charlie on the ground and gave her a good grooming. Everybody in the barn got some attention - what a wonderful, horsey day!

No comments: