Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Taking a break...

I'm taking a break from my lessons for a while. After a month of little exercise due to my fall, I peeked at the scale and I was not pleased with what I saw. I had gained back the weight I lost last year, and it was time to do something! I hope to incorporate riding into my exercise schedule, but for now I'm spending money on personal training instead of riding lessons. It's only fair to the horses that I am in better shape when I ride - I have to maintain my weight and be stronger. My first training session was TOUGH - but it feels so good to be on the right track. Down 2.5lbs in 5 days - not bad! I hope to get back into lessons later this summer.

In the meantime, I will continue to update with my rides at home as they come along. :) (Hoping for one later today, if my quadriceps will allow :) )

No comments: